These cookies are outragously dark and delicious and almost ridiculously easy to make. They don’t contain potato starch so they don’t taste pesachdig and there’s never a crumb of these left after pesach! This recipe was printed in a Feb/Mar 2006 issue of Chocolatier Magazine.
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tblsp vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
2. With the padle attachment mix cocoa, confectionary sugar and salt on low for 1 minute.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the whites and vanilla. With the mixer on, slowly add whites to dry ingredients. Turn speed up to medium and mix 2 minutes.
4. Using 1/4 cup measure, scoop and mound batter, spacing 3-inches apart.
5. Place pan in oven and immediately lower the temperature to 320 degrees. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until small, thin cracks appear on the surface.
6. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely
Yield: Approx. 18